Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Parent Night At The Seed

Oh, wait... we didn't go...


Her carseat was in need of a good cleaning, anyway.

For those of you who haven't gakked on your keyboard by now... We had Parent Night at preschool tonight and since Josh was at a meeting, I was flying solo. Kate had complained of a tummy ache, but I really didn't think it would come to this. She and I headed out for the half hour drive to school and this happened about one minute before we got there.

Kate: "My tummy hurts..."

Me: "Maybe we should just turn around an..."

Kate: *various garbled liquidy noises* "I told you so."

The sad part was that we were now thirty minutes away from home and a really soapy bath. My sweet girl just sat there without crying or complaining all the way back. I call it "flexible," but some other people may call it "weird."

Me: "Do you feel better now?"

Kate: "I will when I get out of this mess."

Me: "I'm so sorry."

Kate: "You didn't do anything."

We rode back with the windows down, obviously.

Kate: "I had a lot of food in my belly... pizza, green beans, tomatoes..."

Well, she's quarantined tomorrow, although I think it probably was just something that didn't agree with her. The child can puke on command.

Kate: "Remember when I throwed up on my bed? And in the pool?"

Me: "Yep."

10 comments:

Astraea said...

We missed you, Katers!!! Feel better. :)

Loving the pink!

mini and brother said...

SICK!! I love the pink too.

Anonymous said...

That's really gross. Hope she feels better today!

Astraea said...

Will you post again REALLY SOON!?!?!? I don't think I can look at puke for much longer...

Rachel said...

WOW! That is some mess. She sounds so mature: "You didn't do anything."

PS: What did you tell her when you went to take the picture? "Just a few more seconds, mommy has to take a picture for her blog?" LOL!!

Anonymous said...

WOW! That MAY just be the sickest thing I've ever seen...

Astraea said...

Now we just need Mrs. Spice to comment and Mikele will post again...YOU SAID YOU WOULD!!!!!

Hey, got any leftover pizza?

Anonymous said...

Well Mikele,

You know I only make random appearances on the blogs and you've been waiting. How can I not comment, poor Kate. I thought Jen was a little blog crazy for posting Madison's snot picture, but you take the cake. I am just sorry to say the first time I am commenting on your blog is to say I am legally bound to call CPS! :)

Sean

Kers said...

Oh so yuck! Hope she is better. I'm a little late on my blog reading as it is now Friday afternoon. Yay for the TV fix. We would be much lost without our new favorite PBS show "SuperWhy"

Anonymous said...

Ok how do I get it out of my keyboard ...scrapbooking/blogging moms are a different breed I tell you if you want or don't want to see something you can...love you thank you for the memories...hope Kate is feeling better...