Monday, April 21, 2008

To Catch You Up

Hold on to your hats and glasses (reference anyone?)...

We'll start with Finding Nemo On Ice. Jen and Madison went on a double date with us and even though our seats were on the other side of the arena, we had a fun time together. Kate also held in all of her loose gas, so that was a bonus.

Next, we'll take a trip to Aspire, Kate's new gym.

This is Kate "sticking" her landing. If you know her at all, you realize that this is a valuable skill for her to learn.

Coach Maryn (another Maryn, weird) is teaching them the beginnings of a back handspring, but what cracks me up is the "florish" at the end. It's actually something she had Kate come back and redo a couple of times.

Handstands - the funny part is the end where they have to stand in line in a certain way - you can see them all stand really still with their hands back. There seems to be quite the element of drama in gymnastics - she fits right in. Actually, I'm digging out my leotard right now...

Lance needed pictures of our LifeGroup for the new church website, so when everyone (except Kelley and her family, who were sick) came over for dinner on Saturday, Josh took a few.

The kiddos - Kate, Hannah, Zack, Miles, and Carter. The rest of them were running rampant somewhere else...

Hannah Banana

Me and Kate

Miles' new party trick...

To wrap up, I included a few quotes heard 'round the house...

When I picked Miles up after his nap:

"I'm so glad you're here."

A couple of days after Nemo and a discussion on the Zamboni:

"Mom, are there any Dam Bonis on this street?"

Just because he's strange:

"Mom, you like my elbow?" and "Katie likes my face."

6 comments:

Astraea said...

Weren't you the one who thought he'd never talk?!?

Jennifer said...

Kate looks like she may be a natural. I loved gymnastics and wanted to do it, but started too late, and wasn't that flexible.

Candi said...

He says the cutest things! LOve the lifegroup pic!

Anonymous said...

Wow, they both know a lot of cool tricks! I love their cute faces and elbows. I love when Miles says "I did it, Kate."

mini and brother said...

Could you please get Kater some little bobby pins so she doesn't have to have her hair bothering her when she is doing those awesome handstands. I like the cool had thing when they stand.
Sweet trick Miles!!

Mrs. Spice (Holly) said...

Can Kater teach me to stick my landing? She's awesome!

I want to find that lady from the mall who told you to have Miles "tested" and run her over with a stroller....and then share Christ with her....see....it all works out in the end...