Sunday, January 28, 2007

She Has A Way With Words

Funny things come out of three year old's mouths and Kate is absoutely no exception.

We were driving to meet Jen and Madison at the mall on Thursday (side note: to meet Dewper the life-sized prairie dog? which scared Kate to death, but she hugged the Chick-Fil-A cow seven times, so???) and we were late, so I was putting on mascara in the car.

Kate: What are you putting on your face?
Me: Make-up
Kate: Why are you doing that?
Me: To make myself pretty
Kate: Why?
Me: (unsure myself, really) I don't know...
Kate: Well, if it makes you feel better...

We were in the car dicussing her Bible verse for next week and I added "Joshua 1:9" to the end of it. She was looking at her picture sheet and asked who the man was. I said that I couldn't see it while I was driving. She looked at it again and said, "I think it's Joshua 1:9"

Josh and Kate before their "Disney On Ice" date

At dance class

Kate and my dad

He took her to the park last week and about fifteen minutes after they left, he called from his cell. "Why does she want to pee in the grass?"
Well, why wouldn't she?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm laughing out loud right now about her wanting to pee in the grass with your dad...I knew it catch up to us some day.

mini and brother said...

Joshua 1:9 is such a cute name. If we ever have a boy we will consider it! HAHA

Astraea said...

Hey, where are your zoo pictures?