Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Just Peachy

Schnepf Farms held their annual Peach Festival this month, so we took advantage of the cooler weather last week and headed over there.

The farm has acres of peach trees and other organic food, but they've also added some amusement rides and a petting zoo. This was the top of a make-shift slide. They stuck a long tube on a hill and voila!

Ah, landing in wet hay. They loved it.

Look closely. Who took off their seat belt? Yes, they stopped the ride after this.

What other safe rides does Schepf Farms have, you ask? Well, they have a super roller coaster that sometimes stops halfway up and a nice lady worker who will climb up and get you. You're too scared to climb down, you say? No problem! They'll get the crane. or the lift. or whatever that's called. Josh said, "That's blogworthy," and took the picture.

I'm not sure what's happening here...

Welcome back, Buddy.

For all of you who are kicking yourself for missing the Peach Festival, rest easy. They'll have the Pumpkin Festival in the fall. No, really, I saw the lighted bats and everything.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! That peach salsa you got from there was killer. I'm scared of the amusement rides on so many levels. See you at the pumpkin festival!

Rachel said...

Miles looks so old in that last pic - wow!

And that rollercoaster - I would die if they made me climb/take the crane down. That is blogworthy but also so scary!!!

Candi said...

I love their pumpkin festival, we go every year. That rollercoaster ride.....insane!

Anonymous said...

nice shot of the peaches

Kristi said...

Can we still be friends if I admit I've never been to Schnepf Farms? I fully expect to be invited next time, just soyaknow. ;)

Fun!

Mrs. Spice (Holly) said...

I am really proud of Josh for taking advantage of a blogworthy moment. You know it's a good festival when a Carny has to climb the broken ride to save you...

Kers said...

Miles' hair reminds me of someone :)

Anonymous said...

WOW look how they have grown in just a couple months..love you me