Saturday, June 06, 2009

Chicagoland

Alas. My long overdue post recording the awesome adventures that were to be had in that magical land of Chicago... Josh and I arrived in the wee hours of the morning and found Katie asleep on the couch waiting for us. After a very very early breakfast of yummy scones and a rousing game of something involving colored domes, we set off for the train to Chicagoland.
Katie and Josh in the train station. We stayed overnight in a ritzy little hotel, thus the suitcase. Scott and Josh. Katie and I couldn't be bothered with our picture being taken because we were highly engaged in a discussion regarding Jon and Kate, if ya know what I mean. Best. Pizza. Ever. A little love at Gino's. Next stop - the Big Bean. This picture started off being about the tulips....
Now, at this point, you'll start to realize that I must have been super happy to be with my friends because I endured one of my pet peeves with only a little grumbling. Oh, yes. Josh and I were not prepared for the bit of precipitation and Scott and Katie gracefully loaned us their very warm and very matchy red Northies. A fact that was not lost on the locals, either. Even in Chicago, Katie took us to TJ Maxx. Back in Wheaton. My purse had a great time. We were priviledged to attend Amelia's ballet recital later that day. On Sunday, we went to Wheaton Bible to see what all the fuss was about. Macker wanted to be my twin.

Amelia gave us a tour of Scott's youth room

Josh had to return to Phoenix on Sunday, so Katie and I kept ourselves busy by organizing their basement.

Before After. Mac was a big help.

We spent the rest of our time doing fun things like riding bikes to Dairy Queen, shopping at a megababy store, going to lunch at "Shane's" ... ... and Scotty, Amelia and Mac showed me their secret candy shop and I took some home for Kate and Miles to enjoy. It was a really special time and I'm so glad to be returning next month. It's a lot cooler there.
Thanks, friends, for having us. We love you and miss you.

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Glad you made it to Gino's East!

Carrie said...

Next month? I'm totally packing myself in your suitcase! I won't bring anything that matches with you ... promise. Can I come???

Astraea said...

Seems like your night out on the town was left out of the post...where could I find those pictures...

Mrs. Spice (Holly) said...

I seriously almost fell of the chair before I realized that the cat wasn't real. I knew Katie would never get a real one. That thing was super creepy!

Robyn said...

Glad you're coming back next month too! The red matchy jackets crack me up. ;)