Thursday, December 16, 2010

I'm Too Young To Have A Seven Year Old

No. Way.
Seven.
Kate is... well, Kate. She has always been spicy and smart, but this year she added some new elements to her character (she still kept spicy).
What a growing year this was. We saw her transform before our very eyes. She's never been a hugger (she takes after Jen in that). It's been at the bottom of her love language list (gift giving being at the top), but now she wants hugs. She seems to need them. It's awesome.
She is more sensitive. In herself and towards others. She walked through this last few months with us. She cried for me. We had some amazing talks about feelings and pain and not always getting what we want.
I've enjoyed her more this year. I've always loved her to distraction, but enjoying her was difficult some of the time because I was too busy trying to stay fourteen steps ahead of her. She's calmed down, matured and... isn't as sneaky.
She's still Kate. Believe me. But she's growing up.
Here's her birthday questionaire - just for funsies:
At what age is a person an adult? Why do you think so?
48. Because they're married at 24.
If could change one rule that your family has, what would you change?
From not running around the house to running around the house and playing.
Are you a good friend? Why do you think so?
OHHHHHHH, Yeah! Because I'm helpful and I'm kind.
How would the world be different if animals could talk? We'd be able to speak to them and it would be awesome.
Would you cheat on a test if you knew you would not get caught? Why or why not?
No. Because we can't cheat. If you cheat, you lose a star.
If you could be invisible for a day, what would you do?
I'd mess around with stuff and then you'd see things knocked down and you'd think it was a ghost.
What is the best gift you have ever given? Why was it so special?
Love. Because love from God, love from my parents and love from my grandparents, it's feels like they're really nice and kind and it's a good thing to love others.
What is the hardest thing about being a kid?
Obeying the rules.
Where is your favorite place in the world?
Heaven.
What five words do you think most describe you?
1. Kind
2. Nice
3. Friendly
4. Playful
5. Loving
When was a time that you felt lucky?
When I got to pick my own donut.
What do you think would be the hardest thing about being blind?
You can't see and you can't drive at all and you can't go anywhere and you get weak, not wise.(She thought maybe that person wouldn't be able to work to earn money)
If you could make one rule that everyone in the world had to follow, what rule would you make?
You have to do what I say.
Oh, my. Happy 7th Birthday, my sweet Kater Lou.

7 comments:

Astraea said...

Amazing. I can't believe she's 7! Happy Birthday, Katers! We hope you got to pick your own donut!

Carrie said...

I love your one rule ... I totally agree. Wouldn't that be fun??? Love you, Katers .... and I love even more that my kiddos think your real name is Katers :) Hope you still love that when you're 16!!!

feather said...

Happy Birthday Katerator! We love you and you can pick your own donut anytime you come over (and you can even have chocolate milk with it too!)

Rachel said...

You are definitely too young to have a 7 year old! Love this post, and the one below. Both so cute!

mini and brother said...

Oh. Kater!!!! I've loved you since you were born but my love totally deepened when your mom pushed you around Scottsdale Fashion Square with no pants on. I have pictures to prove it and I'll save those for your wedding video. LOVE YOU, Mrs. Spicecake.

Jasmyn said...

Oh sweet Kate! Happy Birthday :)

Robyn said...

Happy Birthday Kater!!! Love you...you are precious to your Iowa friends!